Saturday, February 12, 2011

Finished Baby Items

Baby set

For my husband's cousin's baby due next month.

Here are a few baby projects I finished up in the last week, first blogged about here (with links to patterns). The receiving blanket above was made with flannel from Joann's. I pre-washed it and it is OK. I think you can definitely tell the difference in quality between the quilt store burp cloth flannel and the Joann's but I had to use what I could and I just love those whales! I wanted to use bias binding on the blanket, but I just didn't have time. I had to get them in the mail, so I just sewed around the four sides, turned it and topstitched. Easy, peasy. These types of blankets and the burp cloths get a lot of wear, so you can never have too many!

Diaper Clutch for Baby Radder

Diaper Clutch for Baby Radder

The diaper clutches were so easy and fast to put together. I did interface the lining so that there would be a little more structure to the bag. I didn't have any of the proper fusible webbing for my attempt at appliqued letters, so I just used what I had, which was the supposed no-sew kind of heat and bond. I think it works best after you've washed your fabrics, but for the diaper clutches, I hadn't done that and I find that sometimes the web does not really adhere. So, I added some stitching for decoration and to keep the letters attached.

Diaper Clutch for E

Diaper Clutch for E

After failing miserably with the numbers of my advent calendars, I was a little bit happier with these letters. At least I didn't have to glue them down! 

1 comment:

Quilt Hollow said...

Sweet Gifts! I enjoyed finding your blog.