Pages

Thursday, February 3, 2011

Get Thee to the Library

Library haul

Check out this haul! I love inter-library loan. Just a plug for your local library. I love the internet and online tutorials can't be beat. But when I am interested in buying a book, I think it's a good idea to take books out for a test spin if you can.

I had already taken Amy Butler's In Stitches back because I thought I wouldn't really use it. Amy Butler's Little Stitches for Little Ones, on the other hand, is one that I have added to my To-Buy list. I really liked the Lintott books - Jelly Roll Quilts, Layer Cake, Jelly Roll, and Charm Quilts. I often get my inspiration for pre-cut quilts from Moda Bake Shop. But there are some lovely ideas in the Lintott books, as well. I think One Yard Wonders and Sew Serendipity are two more that I will likely pass on, though I did like to see them in the flesh.

Dare to Be Square is a tough one. There is no doubt that I love the quilts inside. We'll see.

I'm trying to get my hands on Liberated Quilting II and Jean Wells' Intuitive Color and Design, to see if I would like to own them. I know that I will be able to get Liberated Quilting once I move back to Wisconsin. So, we'll see.

Libraries - they are a wonderful thing!

No comments: