Pages

Thursday, February 17, 2011

Block-a-Palooza, Block #7

Block-a-Palooza Block #7

Look ma, no geese :) The first geese-less block since #2. Block #7 - Orange You Glad I Chose a Nine Patch from Heather from the House of a la Mode. This block came together very quickly and there are definitely so many things you could do with it.

The hardest part was picking the fabrics. I knew I wanted blue and pink. But it was tough to find a common fabric to bind them together. The Picnic Bouquet in cream seemed the best choice. I have been trying to use the Welcome Road (stripes) print sparingly because it is strong in a block, but I really love it. I switched up the four patches a little bit so the grunge fabrics and the stripes create diagonals. I am thinking that maybe it may be a little busy... Maybe, I should've used a solid for the larger blocks.

Oh well. Onward and upward!

No comments: