Pages

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

On the Design Wall

On the Design Wall

I have all my blocks for my grey and yellow quilt. After picking two patterns and sketching several improv versions, I went with wonky log cabin style blocks. I am really happy with this so far. I'm going to do 2" sashing in ash between the blocks. Haven't decided yet whether I'm going to sash the interior of the two 4-patch blocks.

Grey Days and Sun Rays blocks

Can't wait to get this one put together! The greys are ash, medium grey, and coal. The only other Kona grey is much darker - Charcoal and then there's Slate, which is beautiful, but on the bluish side. But I wish there were more shades of grey. (I can't remember the yellows right now, but one is buttercup, I do know that...)

In fact - if you have any ideas about new Kona colors...

Over at The Swatch and Stitch, Robert Kaufman Fabric is asking YOU the quilter - What color or colors are missing from the Kona Cotton Solids line? Answer that question by the end of the day tomorrow (St. Patty's Day!) and you will be entered into a contest for 5 solids charm packs!


I also picked out some of my precious Parisville fats for a new project.

Parisville fats new project

I'm going to do Jera's Rainy Day Quilt. It's a great design that looks like it will come together quickly. And I think it's perfect for prints that you don't want to slice into tiny pieces and directional prints.

I'm still trying to figure out what to do with the three Cameo print fats in the set.

Parisville Cameo Mist

Because they are only 18x22, there are maybe one or two salvageable motifs/tiles and several partial/cut off heads, which is ironic given that Parisville was inspired by Marie Antoinette's court. (Maybe not ironic, just coincidental?) Maybe I'll leave them as fats and use them for a pieced back? I'll have to mull it (mullet) over. 

No comments: