Pages

Saturday, June 16, 2012

Ladies Who Lunch

Lunchbags

I was on the road last week, so I didn't do any sewing. But last weekend I was in a sewing flurry as I rushed to get my gifts finished.

I have a canvas tote bag to share and a Concentration/Memory game. But here are just two little lunch bags I made - one for my stepmom for Mother's Day and one for my friend who asked me to make her one.

This is my second (and third) time using Ayumi's tutorial/pattern and I just love it! I do add insul-brite and my shnazzy flannel-backed vinyl tablecloth for the inside (it's a really unattractive stripe, but it was on clearance and I figured it would be just fine for the insides of lots of bags - I've already used it four times and I have A LOT left!). I am not sure if the insul-brite makes a difference, but I thought I'd just as soon add it as not.

Lunch bag

I LOVE this fabric. I think it's Timeless Treasures. I'm not sure - I'd get up and look at the selvage but I'm too lazy.

Lunchbag for R

I accidentally cut this lady's head off but my friend said she didn't mind.

Lunchbag for R

This Luna Moth fabric is so pretty! It's kind of outside my color wheelhouse, but I really love it and I knew my stepmom would like the colors, too.

Luna moth Lunchbag

Because I added the insul-brite, there is a lot of bulk at the seam between the rim fabric and the main fabric. So I didn't top stitch at that seam like I did for the other one. It was just too bulky for my machine.

I also received a package in the mail last week.  All the way from Australia!!

Mail call 

It was my Sew Mama Sew Giveaway Day winnings from Shontelle at over at England Street.

SMS Giveaway Day Loot  

Eight Whimsy fat quarters! She even sent me a little chocolate from an Adelaide chocolate institution! Thanks Shontelle - cannot wait to make the fabric into something cute!

2 comments:

Gail said...

These lunch bags are amazing! I especially love the moth print.

**nicke... said...

LOVE them! seriously! love them!