Pages

Thursday, July 7, 2011

Kona WIP 1 and 2

Kona WIP1

I'm making progress. And so far I really like it! The colors are Kona Khaki, Eggplant, and Pepper. Pepper is a very dark blue, almost a blue/black but not as stark as a true black.

I also picked out fabric for Kona WIP2. I have been planning a blue/orange quilt for some time and I think the time has come to give it a go while I'm on involuntary vacation (I work for the State of Minnesota and we are currently shutdown due to a budget dispute).

Kona WIP2

I am not sure about turquoise/aqua colors (there's a little more contrast in the shades than the picture shows). I really like them with the oranges and they certainly add a watery dimension to the blues. My color consultant likes the aqua. I will have to meditate on it as I work on Kona WIP1.

Onwards and upwards!

No comments: