Pages

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

WIP Wednesday

Disappearing 9-patch blocks

Here's what I'm working on this week!

I dredged up these disappearing 9-patch blocks. I bought two charm packs of this line (I don't remember what it's called) about 4 years ago. I pieced them two years ago and I thought "Yowza!" They are a bit out there. I'm going to tame them with a little black sashing and go from there. They are growing on me again.


Disappearing 9-patch blocks

(And yes, that's my total Type B design wall - a flannel back tablecloth with holes cut into the top and 3M hangers. That's a $5 deal right there!)

I also have a Moda Hoopla jelly roll and this Star Burst print from Prints Charming for backing, which goes perfectly with this line. I'm pairing the jelly roll with Kona White. I haven't decided on the pattern yet. Possibly something from one of the Lintott books - Jelly Roll Quilts or Layer Cake, Jelly Roll and Charm Quilts

WIP Wed Jan 19

Or the ever reliable Moda Bake Shop. Possibly Avignon Picnic, Random Reflections or Lawn Chair Quilts. Hideaway Girl has a great quilt HERE that would be great in Hoopla.

It's a playful line, so I want a playful pattern. 

As for my Sugar Pop quilt, it has undergone quite a transformation. I have never ripped out more stitches on a project than on this one. I can already see where I should have made a small tweak, but I decided to just move ahead with it and it's turned out ok.




No comments: