Pages

Monday, January 31, 2011

Sew Fresh Fabric Bee Block

SFF Bee scrap choices1

Here are the fabrics I had to choose from. Given the In the Kitchen Willow Wren print from Alexander Henry, I thought I would try my hand with fussy cutting. I couldn't decide if it should be wonky or straight. My photo is a little off, but the seams should be straight!

SFF Bee Block

I toyed with using the pink and white oval print as the background/sashing. But it includes a directional line, that I thought might not be right to work with and I thought the orange and red line might be a bit took busy (and I couldn't tell if I had enough...). So, I added the pin dot from my Sugar Pop Quilt accident.

SFF Bee detail #1

I love the humming bird. Too cute.

SFF Bee detail #2

I'm so happy to be a part of this charity bee. My block will find its way into a quilt for a girl who might need a quilty hug through Project Linus. I am excited to see the other blocks for both the girl quilt and the boy quilt. I hope mine goes with its partners in the girl quilt! 

Thanks Peg and Becca at Sew Fresh Fabrics - this is a tremendous idea! Visit their shop here and their blog here!

1 comment:

Shanley said...

Great block. The fussy cutting was a wonderful choice.