Pages

Monday, February 6, 2012

Second Verse, Same as the First

Dream On Quilt

I was so happy to have some tops finished, let's see them again!

The Dream On quilt came out of the wash at about 1pm and given to the recipient at about 2pm. I'm so annoyed that I forgot my camera and didn't get a picture of the little one and her new quilt. Oh well.

Dream On Quilting close-up


I gave the quilting a lot of thought. I was constrained by time and skill. So, I decided to do some zig-zag quilting. The shorter lines gave me a little more control and it made little diamonds between the blocks and I really like the effect.

Dream On Quilt-backing

This is my first time using a vintage sheet for the backing, but I love it! Even after the wash it had this beautiful draping and shows the simple quilting really well.

Dream On Quilt


I had to bind it by machine, which I don't like to do, mostly because I'm not very good at it and it makes my binding look bad.

Here is the Prince Charming Froggy quilt, pre-wash.

Prince Charming

I drew a large, diagonal grid with my green Crayola washables and quilted it with variegated green thread. As I mentioned before, I didn't use any batting. I spray basted the top directly to the minky and it was very easy to quilt.

Prince Charming quilting up close

I was able to quilt it and bind it in one evening.

Prince Charming quilting up close

I had to do the binding on this one on the machine as well. But in these two instances, the time factor made it worth it. It's in the wash right now and will be delivered on Wednesday!

I'm trying to decide whether to start making one of these with my Heirloom stash or whether to put my TwitterB blocks together next. Or I purchased Rita's awesome Labyrinth pattern that I could choose fabrics for. Ah choices, choices.

I also arranged a swap of my Single Girl Pattern and templates. I just decided that the rings were just a bit too big for my liking. But oneblessedmama4 wanted it and in exchange she ordered me up some Kona yardage from Fabric Shack. Hooray for swapping!

No comments: