Pages

Monday, August 1, 2011

A Little of This, A Little of That

Weekend sewing

Well, I did a bit of weekend sewing, but much of it is for my TwitterB month even though that isn't until September (I just got an idea in my head and then I got over-excited and I couldn't help myself!).

The spate of July birthdays in my family and circle of friends includes my own, so instead of showing my sewing, I thought I'd share several of the fantastic gifts I received.

Firstly, my dad and stepmom gave me this staple gun! (I do ask for the weirdest things...) It's awesome!

Birthday staple gun!

I also received a giftcard to Joann's so I ran right out and used it and I found this sunny home dec remnant to re-cover my ironing board.

Ironing board

While I was in Minnesota dropping off my gifts, I also picked up several half yard cuts of home dec fabric.

Ikea fabric

I just don't know about those faces... but I'm sure they'll make an interesting tote bag for my mom!

Shirred Ikea dress

I also found this yard remnant at Ikea (not home dec - just regular cotton) and made the beginnings of another Mendocino sundress. I have three other versions that are my summer uniform! Just have to get the straps right and then hem 'er up and she'll be good to go!

Foam Ottoman form

And finally, with a little shopping spree money I picked up this little number at Hancock Fabrics. It's a foam ottoman form (obviously, since that's what the little paper says there!). I have some sparkly red vinyl, like you might see in a diner booth or covering the stools cushions. I tried to take a photo, but my photo skills aren't great and capturing that fabric is really difficult! I may wait on this one till I can use my Juki though. I'm not sure my trusty old New Home is up to making vinyl piping.

Oh and finally (for real this time!), with another birthday gift, I was able to procure 13 more Prince Charming prints! Very excited about what might be done with them! Maybe a Garden Fence quilt or maybe I should start the Single Girl adventure...

Block pieces

Here's a peak at what I was working on. 157 pieces for 1 block to be revealed later this month!

On tap this week is whipping up a baptism gift for my goddaughter-to-be (whipping up because I may not get the fabric till Wed!) and finishing up a birthday gift for my niece. I also have to do a little brainstorming about what to make for my younger brother. Ah the conundrum of sewing for men continues.

Onward!

1 comment:

Tori said...

I love the remnant fabric from Ikea!