Pages

Monday, August 15, 2011

Abundance of Birdie Slings

Birdie Sling 3

I am visiting Minnesota and I delivered the most recent birthday offerings.

My niece is the recipient of my third Birdie Sling (As an aside, after going back and forth, I broke down and bought Style Stitches with a 40% coupon from Joann's and I'm looking forward to trying a couple new AB patterns!). Here she is (the bag and the niece!) -

Birdie Sling 3 recipient

(She is wearing shorts, by the way - it's a big bag :)) I forgot to take a photo of the insides! It's a pale yellow and has a key clip, a zippered pocket, and a larger pocket with a couple slots for pens.

My brother requested Wisconsin cheese curds for his birthday, but I also made him this insulated bag:

Insulated Lunch Bag

I used the measurements from this tutorial at Sew4Home.

Insulated lunch bag-inner

Instead of using laminated cotton and PUL, as the pattern described, I used part of a vinyl, flannel-backed table cloth, Insul-Brite, and a shower curtain lining (a new, clean one, of course!). It makes for a less rigid bag, but it scrunches up nicely in a full refrigerator! I also used velcro instead of webbing and a clip, because that's what I had on hand.

I also found a home for the Pac-Man wallet!

Pac Man wallet recipient

While I was visiting the homeland, I had a little time to sew. And I pieced the two Single Girl rings I cut earlier in the week. I cut the outer pieces a little larger because I knew I was going to make the rings into pillows and didn't want to add a border after. It also gave me some room for squaring up. (I haven't ironed that center seam there...)

Single Girl Ring 1

I was really surprised at how easy the piecing was. I only needed the seam ripper a couple times. I definitely want to get started on cutting pieces for my quilt, but I really need to finish up some projects first.

I know, you've heard that before!

No comments: