Pages

Thursday, April 14, 2011

Quiet Around Here

Well, I am back! (OK, I got back on Monday evening.) I haven't done any sewing, but I did try to do some reorganization of my sewing area because my dad was getting rid of some plastic bins and I couldn't pass them up. So, not too mant photos to share.

Susanna Prints from Ikea

While in Minnesota I was able to run to Ikea and get a couple more of the prints from the Susanna line (destined to become bags) and I found another Fabler print. So, now I have five mini bolts (3 yards each) and it's time to make them into baby/kid quilts. Adding it to the list!

And I need to run to JoAnn's and hit up the Daffodil Sale. Now that I'm a crazy bag-maker, I need varieties of interfacing and now is the time to snatch them up!

I'm getting to work on the April TwitterB block, which is a ticker tape-style block. I don't have too many fabrics in this particular color palette, but I am adding in some Fandango and it seems to work ok. Now I just have to sew them down!

April TwitterB in progress

After seeing people's finishes in the Bloggers' Block-a-Palooza Flickr group, I am resolved to rip mine apart and start afresh with basic sashing between the blocks.  I'll leave the lettered panel (picture at the bottom of this post) for the back.

Are you participating in Amy's Bloggers' Quilt Festival next month?  I'm not sure if I am yet, but I love the parade of quilts and finding new blogs.

Amy's Creative Side | Bloggers' Quilt Festival

Maybe whatever I choose for the Naked Bed Challenge would be good. Better hop to!

It's my sister's birthday tomorrow, so I have offered her the choice of bag/purse or pillow. We'll see what she thinks! That'll be one of my next projects.

No comments: